With a worldwide business, we provide diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a corporation and a culture where great people can excel and where they’re developed and supported to succeed in their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and knowledge will make a difference to the advantage of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is that the world’s largest mining services provider. we provide the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to make lasting value.
We are seeking experienced people for the subsequent positions:
MANAGER OHS (OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY) – 926533
Some of your duties will include:
• Provide leadership, motivation, direction and assistance to staff and employees to enhance Thiess safety management system education and compliance;
• Implement improvements to Thiess Safety Management Systems to make sure the conservation of individuals , property, environment and profits;
• make sure the compliance of Safety Management Systems through regular monitoring programs so on provide assurance that we meet our safety obligations for our people, business, legal, statutory, clients, community and shareholders;
• Represent the corporate in government or industry safety groups and programs;
• Responsible to facilitate the health and safety of employees through education, training and demonstration of the proper behaviours;
• Conduct regular reviews on safety performance and implementation of TSE standards, site risk management controls and safety improvement initiatives.
• Conduct reviews of Project Risk Management controls.
• Promote operational (Supervisor/Superintendent) ownership of incident investigations, and review investigation reports to make sure integrity of findings.
• Ensure close out of incident investigation reports and related actions within time-frame .
• Periodically compile and review incident data analysis and identify and implement improvement programs. this is often to incorporate injury prevention programs towards achieving TRIFR targets.
• Participate in investigations of serious incidents and identify deficiencies in risk control programs.
• Conduct site Safety Audits as per schedule. Follow through on audit outcomes and supply assistance as needed .
• Assist site team with preparation for external audits and continued compliance with OHSAS18001/ISO45001, and SMKP.
• to watch and follow-up on project corrective action status to make sure that they are doing not become overdue.
• To be involved and informed within the implementation of health improvement initiatives and awareness programs.
• to market and support safety reward and recognition programs across the Projects.
What skills and knowledge does one need?
• Tertiary Graduate with relevant qualifications during a safety, engineering or similar discipline, with minimum of 15 years’ experiences in mining discipline and minimum 5 years professional experience during a similar role (Client relations, Subcontract management, Project management);
• Extensive knowledge, skills and knowledge in Occupational Health & Safety management systems
• A commitment to safety and a desire to take care of our Indonesian coal operations to world class international safety standards. you ought to even be ready to clearly demonstrate previous results along side a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
• Cross Cultural Management sensitivity and an understanding of community issues relevant to large mining projects within developing countries;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; attention to details; good in coaching/mentoring and negotiation/mediation; Efficient; attention to details; good analytical; conflict resolution; sound deciding skills; excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and computer literate
If you would like to require your career to a replacement level and be involved in an exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online through our web https://careers.pageuppeople.com/399/caw/en/listing no later than 2 weeks from the date of publication
Please remember of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never invite any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific agent services to form arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.